Well… 2018 has gone by stupid quick.
Seriously though… Summer is here.
As you are getting ready to go out boating, road trippin, catchin a flight or just getting a tan, BBC wanted to provide you with a playlist.
However, we’re taking a turn away from what your predictable streaming apps or radio stations are giving you … aka a summer song playlist.
Don’t worry we will provide you with some summer tunes later in the month BUT…
Blue Bandana Country would ike to celebrate the fact that 2018 has given us some killer NEW MUSIC.
Similar to our Top Twenty of 2017 post and playlist… we had a few rules in curating this OH SHIT ITS JUNE playlist.
OH SHIT ITS JUNE PLAYLIST RULES
- The song HAD to be released in 2018
- One of the Bandana Babes had to recommend it
- It doesn’t have to be known or unknown to radio
- As the founder of this blog… I had to love it
Now I’ll give you a few reasons WHY you should add this playlist to your regular rotation.
It has “some” of the biggest hits in the last six months
You will know “some” of the artists but perhaps won’t be entirely familiar with the KICK ASS song
More reasons WHY this playlist doesn’t suck…
It is 50% female
Okay just nearly. I’m counting Babe with Sugarland as a female song because duh Tay Tay and Jennifer Nettles but we of course recognize you Kristian!
It has GREAT songs for every mood
This playlist is perfect for a road trip but for your other activities you are going to want to pull them into other specific playlist.
You can extract each song into another playlist
For example: One of the Good Ones (Jordan Rager) and Brooks & Dunn (Rob Pennington) perfect for out on the lake. High Horse (Kacey Musgraves) and Beautiful Crazy (Luke Combs) for your early morning make up routine. American Girls (Cj Solar) and Simple (FGL) perfect for drinking a beer on your front porch.
Okay you get the gist right?
So lets break down these 40 songs.
*** Also, since we promote on instagram, all of the artists are linked to their instagram so you can fall down a rabbit hole. #yourewelcome ***
OUR TOP 5 2018 SONGS
- Tequila – Dan & Shay
- Queen Don’t – RaeLynn
- Some Girls – Jameson Rodgers
- Pushin up Daisies – Brothers Osborne
- Girl in Pieces – Drake White
Each of these songs have been played on repeat at work, in the car, on vacation and each have been our go to recommendations the last 6 months of what to be listening to.
YOU GOTTA AND OUGHTA KNOW
- Workin’ Over Time – Lainey Wilson
- Hey Blondie – Maggie Rose
- American Scandal – Ashley McBryde
- David Ashley Parking From Powder Springs – Travis Denning
- High Horse – Kacey Musgraves
- American Girls – CJ Solar
If you haven’t heard these songs or these artists, get to know them now. TRUST US.
SMOOTH SUMMER NIGHT
- When it Comes to Loving You – Jon Langston
- Take You Home – Cassadee Pope
- Moment of Weakness – Tenille Arts
- Movin On – Muscadine Bloodline
Who doesn’t love some chill evening recommendations.
- Everythings Going to Be Alright – David Lee Murphy & Kenny Chesney
- You Make it Easy – Jason Aldean
- Simple – Florida Gerogia Line
- Babe – Sugarland (feat Taylor Swift)
- Cry Pretty – Carrie Underwood
They are either big now about to be huge this summer but we included them because we never change the station when these songs play on the radio.
LISTEN TO THESE LYRICS (HOT DAMN)
- Velvet Elvis – Kacey Musgraves
- Mountain – Dierks Bentley
- Beautiful Crazy – Luke Combs
- People Get Old – Lori McKenna
Sometimes you put a song on repeat because your feeling the melody and then there are other times you just want to hear the lyrics over and over.
DARK HORSE JAMS
- Waiting on Superman – Paul Knakk
- It’s You – Maggie Rose
- California, Missouri – Kassi Ashton
- Dark Horse – Devin Dawson
- Preaching to the Choir – Kelly McGrath
Another set of talent that you ought to keep your eye on (or rather your ears) Yes… we know its been a huge year for Devin, but we couldn’t have a dark horse category without putting him in it.
ENJOY YOUR BEER ANTHEMS
- Brooks & Dunn – Rob Pennington
- One of the Good ones – Jordan Rager
- Cover Song – Jordan Fletcher
- Uber Driver – Faren Rachels
#BabesDrinkBeer and also pre-game to each of these songs. WE also have a collective Bandana Babe goal to rage to Uber Driver in every city we take an uber in.
- Dammit – Jana Kramer
- Drunk Me – Mitchell Tenpenny
- Wild Love – Ashley Monroe
- Southern Babylon – Ashley McBryde
- Get to You – Michael Ray
- Bloodline – Harper Grae
Rainy summer nights deserve good music. They might not be summer mood but we are damn glad they were released this year before June hit.
HELL OF A COVER
- Gravity – Lindsay Ell
Because we do what we want and it fits all the rules. Also, we have a bias towards Lindsay since she was the first artists we gave a bandana in person to, first female we got to see perform to our first time attending the Grand Ole Opry in June, we believe in her and all the Bandana Babes match her in having blue gel nails.
We will be following up with a summer playlist when we get back from CMA fest.
Peace, Love & Cali Kisses